Thursday, November 12, 2009

Facebook for Students

So for this post, I decided to talk about facebook. I noticed today that I check that stupid thing like 10 times a day. No exaggeration on that part either. Also, while just sitting in class I noticed that everyone that has a laptop is on their facebook the whole time. This is pretty addicting obviously. I think it is funny how even within the four years that I have used facebook, how much has changed. It now has its funny games like 'farmville' and also you can send gifts, stickers, buttons and whatever you would like, but there is still one big change that has occured. This site used to only be used for college students. It was a way to get in touch with people in your classes and also just to meet other people from your school. Now, this site is a way for my parents to check up on me. I am not going to lie, I hate the fact that my parents now have a facebook. My dad send me a friend request months ago and I still can not bring myself to accept it. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my family and will talk to them everyday if I can. But there are just some things that they do not need to see, and my facebook page is one of them. I feel that facebook should be given back to college students. There are plenty of other sites that the parents can use. In fact, we should try and make a site just for parents of children in college. It can be almost like a chat room type thing where they can meet other parents as well as talk to us. Hmmmmm that's not such a horrible idea, I think I am going to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment